Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Is Social Media Ruining Students?

Yesterday I had the pleasure of addressing Dr. Mark Waldrep's music business class at Cal State Dominguez Hills in Carson, California. They were a great group of people, but I was a bit surprised how little they knew about social media marketing and branding, but I guess that's why so many colleges use my Music 3.0 book as part of their course. One of the social mainstay's that many of them weren't into is Twitter, which isn't a good thing from a promotion standpoint, but might be a benefit as a student.

As luck would have it, this morning I was greeted with an email from Cathy Vance, who suggested the following infographic about students and social media. It shows how Facebook and Twitter can have a negative effect on grades and making money. That said, I advocate using both as a promotional tool if you're an artist, producer or engineer, which is a completely different application.
Obsessed with Facebook
Via: Online Education

-----------------------------------
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.

You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.

Check out my Big Picture blog for daily discussion of music, recording, and production tips and tricks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...