1. Facebook's 1 billion members makes it the world's third largest country behind China and India.
2. Every day 20% of Google searches have never been searched before.
3. Two new members join LinkedIn every second. This is about the same as the entire enrollment of the Ivy League colleges every day.
4. By the end of 2013, social gamers will purchase $6 billion in virtual goods, but moviegoers will only purchase $2.5 billion in real goods.
5. 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
6. YouTube is the world's second largest search engine (of course, it is owned by Google).
7. 53% of people on Twitter recommend products in their tweets.
8. 92% of people trust reviews and recommendations compared with only 14% who trust traditional advertising.
9. Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and Katy Perry have more Twitter followers than the populations of Germany, Turkey, South Africa, Canada, Argentina and Egypt.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.
You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.