- Not all that many use social networking buttons. 29% have a Facebook Like button, 12% have a Twitter Follow widget, and only 6% have a Google +1 button.
- About a third are still using Flash, which can result in missing or broken content. iPhones and iPads don't use Flash, and most people hate it these days anyway.
- 90% of sites don't recognize mobile browsers, and don't forget, the world we live in now is a mobile one.
- Some are still using Framesets, which went out around 1999 or so. Come on people, get into the real world!
- The most popular music player is Soundcloud, followed by YouTube, Vimeo, Bandcamp and jPlayer.
- 33% of the survey respondents said their most frequent complaint about an artist site was text that was so small that it required zooming.
- 31% stated their biggest complaint was video content that was broken or unavailable.
- 28% said they hated when buttons or links were too small to click.
- 20% hated when streaming music was broken or unavailable.
- 17% complained that recent news and event info was difficult to find.
- 29% said that most missed the ability to exchange an email address for free content.
- 25% said they really missed the ability to download an artist's song.
- 21% complained that they couldn't purchase tickets or merch directly from the website.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.