- The most clickthroughs come between 1 to 3PM EST Monday through Thursday.
- Not much happens after 8PM weeknights, or 3PM on Friday.
- The lifetime of a typical tweet is 2.8 hours.
- Peak traffic time is from 9AM to 3PM EST Monday through Thursday. That doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get more responses, since there's already a lot more competition for attention.
- The highest clickthroughs come at 3PM EST on Wednesday, with links posted from 1 to 4PM getting the highest average clickthroughs.
- Links after 8PM and before 8AM struggle for attention.
- Facebook traffic starts at about 9AM, but Bit.ly suggests waiting until 11AM to post.
- Facebook traffic begins to fade after 4PM.
Just to go a bit further, Buddy Media did a study a month earlier and discovered the following about Facebook:
- Brands that posted outside of business hours had 20% higher engagement than between 10AM and 4PM.
- Thursday and Friday got the best engagement, while Monday and Saturday had the worst.
- Posts with questions have a 15% higher engagement rate. A question starting with the word "would" gets the most engagement, followed by "where," "when," and "should." "Why" gets the least engagement.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.