Now comes a study from the social media company Vitrue that looked closely at the viewing habits of Facebook channels of selected companies and brands. The study was conducted over a period of 3 months and looked at more than 1500 brand streams, 1.64 million posts, and 7.56 million comments. Shares and "likes" were not included in the study. Here's some of what they found.
- Usage is highest at 11AM, 3PM, and 8PM ET.
- The biggest spike occurs at 3PM ET on weekdays.
- Wednesday at 3PM is the busiest period of the week.
- Fans are less active on Sunday.
- The top of the hour (:00 to :15 minutes) sees more interaction than other parts of the hour.
- In what seems to be a contradiction, 65% of users only access Facebook when they're not at home or at school, which means in the evening.
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.