A recent study by recommend.ly found the following interesting facts after looking at more than 1.7 million Facebook pages:
- more than half of Facebook users (56%) have less than 256 fans.
- 31% have less than 32 fans.
- musician and band pages have the highest average of fans per page at 12,406, while spa pages have the lowest, with only 1300.
- 65% of all posts are status updates that don't contain a link or media.
- 82% of all pages have less than 5 wall updates a month (see the infographic).
- Content that is relevant, engaging, timely and posted on a regular basis.
- Rich media (like videos) embedded in your content.
Photos rank as the most valuable and powerful content that you can post, followed by videos and then link.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.