1. Post fresh content frequently: Any Google+ profile with no posts within the last 72 hours won't show up in the "Related People/Pages" section of Google's search results. In fact, posting a few times a day is a good strategy. Reshares and links are OK as it doesn't all have to be original to count.
2. Pages can matter more than profiles: Brand pages with a few thousand followers/circlers can appear in "Related People/Pages" of the search engine rankings ahead of individual profiles with more than a million followers/circlers.
3. +1s matter: Profiles and pages that get a lot of +1s on their posts tend to show up more often in "Related People/Pages" results.
4. Comments and reshares don't matter as much as +1s when it comes to "Related People/Pages" results.
5. Circle influential people with big circle followings. Comment on and reshare their stuff to get yourself noticed.
6. Do not spam - ever. It sticks out like a sore thumb on G+ and you can bet that the big brother who is Google is watching and penalizing you for being bad.
If you want to read some more (lots more) on the subject, go the The Ultimate Google+ SEO Guide, Google Plus Box Ranking Factors Report, or a good compilation article on both articles on searchengineland.com.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.