Here's part 1 of a great list of keyword search tools that I came across on the Search Engine Land site.
Keyword suggestion tools
- Google External Keyword Tool – The “big daddy” of keyword tools straight from the belly of the beast. Check out the beta link to the advanced version.
- Free Keyword Tool by WordStream – Really great aggregator of other suggest tools
- Microsoft AdCenter Labs – Keyword suggest tool along with a multitude of “experimental tools” like the search funnels, keyword research, keyword mutation tool, etc.
- Google’s Search-based Keyword Tool provides keyword ideas based on actual Google search queries and matched to specific pages of your website with your ad and search share.
- WordTracker’s Keyword Suggestion Tool
Suggestions in the drop-down menus that appear when you start typing in a search box:
- Google Suggest Keyword Suggestion Scraper Tool – This tool grabs the top queries fromGoogle Suggest which normally appears in a drop down menu under the Google search bar as you type a query.
- Soovle is a free tool that provides the search suggestions from various engines around the net including Google, Yahoo, Bing, Wikipedia, Amazon, etc.
Visualization tools & word clouds