- GoRank Ontology Finder (Related Keywords Lookup Tool) – Checks the top 1000 Google results for your keywords by running a related word query. Not really for synonyms but rather other words in that topic.
- Google Trends – See search terms and activity around certain topics.
- With Google Insights for Search, you can compare search volume patterns across specific regions, categories, time frames and properties.
- Google Sets – Enter a few items from a set of things and Google will try to predict other items in the set. Can be handy to uncover terms related to your keywords.
Synonyms & word meanings
- Thesaurus.com – You can’t beat the basic thesaurus for finding terms.
- Princeton University’s WordNet lexicon tool goes beyond the thesaurus and really drives into the different meanings of specified words.
- Lexical FreeNet – A powerful tool that shows the relationship between words.
Typos and misspellings
- SEO Tools Bad Keyword & Number Stripper – Use this tool to remove bad keywords from your keyword lists.
- AdWords Wrapper – Simply enter a list of keyword phrases and the Google AdWords Wrapper will turn it into 4 separate lists; a combination of broad, phrase and exact match, a combination of phrase and exact match, phrase match only, and exact match only.
- Jumbo Keyword tool – A myriad of features such as auto-lowercase, auto-dedupe, delete blank lines, create phrase, exact, and broad match versions of keywords. Make sure to click the advanced tab for the most options.
- iwebTools Quick Dedupe – Paste in a list of terms and it will quickly remove duplications
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.