Here's an excerpt from the artist website chapter of my Social Media Promotion For Musicians book that covers the essential parts of the booking section of a website that gives it that extra punch to make it a gig magnet.
"If you’re generating some buzz in your local scene, make sure that if an agent or promoter does check out your band that you have pertinent information available on your website for them. Create a “Bookings,” “Book Me,” or “Book My Band” section on your website, which can be similar to an online press kit, but instead includes specific additions like:
- Statistics about the number of newsletter subscribers, Facebook fans and Twitter followers you have. Remember that your social media presence is now taken into consideration by most bookers and promoters, as it’s a vital part of their marketing too.
- Average attendance for your shows. Are you regularly selling out 50 ,100, or 500-seat venues? Make sure to include it.
- The markets and venues that you play in.
- A photo gallery with lots of quality live photos, including any that include crowds in packed venues.
- Good quality live videos meaning good video quality, good audio quality, packed rooms, and minimal audience talking. Audience sing-a-longs are always worth including as well.
- A stage plot of how your gear is normally set up.
- A typical set list, if you’re a cover band.
- Quotes from the media that mention your live show.
- Quotes from venue bookers.
- Quotes from fans about your live shows.
Other than that, you should always blog and tweet about your live shows, which we’ll discuss in Chapters 7 and 8. Post about the turnout, the crowd reaction, and post plenty of pics and live video whenever you can. All of this will help create the impression that you’re a hard-working band that takes their live shows seriously."
You can read additional excerpts from Social Media Promotion For Musician (and receive a free chapter too) and my other books on the excerpts section of bobbyowsinski.com.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.