Friday, June 21, 2013

From A Rock Star To Living In A Van Down By The River.

Sly and the Family Stone
Here's my most recent post over on the Forbes blog about Sly Stone's legal problems and how his troubles relate to all musicians.

"We so revere our heros, especially the ones that helped us through our formative stages of youth. It’s difficult to imagine that anyone with a song played on the radio then or now is living anything less than the American dream of fame and fortune. After living in Los Angeles for more than half of my life and meeting many of my musical heros, I can tell you that perception is so far from the truth it’s laughable. Take the case of one the masters of 60s funkiness, Sly Stone."

To read more, go to Forbes.
----------------------------------

Follow me on Forbes for some insights on the new music business.

You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.

Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...