It's pretty easy actually.
1. Go to your YouTube channel page and click "My Channel."
2. Click the "Settings" button on the main channel page.
3. Upload a background image.
Couldn't be easier, right? Well, you have to remember that the image is going to be used in a unique way, so it's best to remember the following before you hit the upload button:
- You're a lot better off with a wide panoramic shot instead of a close-up because of how the image is going to be distributed across the page. You probably won't see much of the following because.........
- The center of your picture will be obscured by the meat of the channel, so a picture with content on the sides will usually work out better.
- In order to have the image tile properly, use one that's at least 970 pixels wide.
- Use a larger image that fills the page rather than a smaller one that tiles the background. Tiling usually looks pretty cheesy and unprofessional.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.