- 98% of students that own an ereader use it for reading textbooks
- 91% use email to communicate with professors
- 73% of students say they can't study without technology
- 70% use an electronic device to take notes in class
- 65% use a digital device to create a presentation
- 38% of students can't go 10 minutes without checking their email, tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
- Community college students are less reliant on digital tools than 4 year college students and graduate students
- 12 million college students currently take one or more classes online. The figure is expected to exceed 22 million in 5 years.
- Undergraduate and graduate students have the fastest Internet connections among age groups
- College students tune down the tech when studying for final exams in the library
- The most widely used programs by college students are Skype, Evernote Peek, Grades 2, Snoozerr Recordings, Wunderlist and Around Me.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.