There are a couple of old school companies and some new school companies, and even an artist. I don't know if I agree with their choices, although a few are definitely interesting. Here they are:
- Soundcloud - sound sharing platform
- Spotify - music streaming
- Pandora - personalized online radio
- Bjork - artist with world's first app album
- XL Recordings - indie label producing mainstream hits
- Mason Jar Music - innovative collaborative concert model
- Ticketmaster - ticketing giant
- Bandcamp - direct to fan for musicians
- The Echo Nest - open-source music identification
- Turntable.fm - social music sharing
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.