Help Support This Blog
Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this blog at no cost to you (just click here)
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Optimizing Video For Mobile
As my recent post about mobile video engagement indicated, viewers watch videos a lot longer than they do on their desktops. In order to maintain their attention, take note of the following:
1. Avoid using tiny text. Make sure any text you use is readable on any screen that the video might be viewed on.
2. Make sure the audio is clear. Great audio is always a plus, but even more so when viewing on a phone. Remember that the speakers are small, so you're not going to hear a lot of bass, but that's okay as long as everything is intelligible. Also remember that there's lots of ambient noise so make sure the audio is able to cut through it.
3. Make sure to include links in the video description. A video without links to your site is an opportunity wasted. You want them to continue as a fan, so be sure it's easy for them by including a link.
4. Use lots of close-ups. Close-up shots work great on small screens - wide shots don't.
5. Test the video on your own phone before you upload it. What good is it if it doesn't get the point across? The only way that you'll know for sure is if you test it.
Good tips to keep in mind the next time you make a video. Remember that it's more than likely that a great number of your viewers will be watching on their phone. You can watch the entire clip on ReelSEO.