Strategies For Effective Facebook Wallposts: A Statistical Review and can be downloaded for free.
5 Rules for Facebook engagement that came from the study are:
1. Keep your posts short and sweet. Posts of 80 characters or less have 27% higher engagement rates.
2. Think twice before using URL shorteners. Engagement rates are 3 times higher using full-length URLs.
3. Post when people are listening. Posts outside of business hours (10AM to 4PM EST) have a 20% higher engagement rate.
4. Some days are better than others. Engagement rates are 18% higher on Thursday and Friday than the other days of the week, but Saturday and especially Sunday are good too. This can vary by industry though.
5. Avoid the noise of Monday. There's too much going on after the weekend.
If you're posting to keep in touch with your friends or to let them know what you're doing, then this data is of no consequence to you. But if you're posting strategically to promote your brand, then follow the above for better fan engagement.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.
You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on music, engineering and production tips and tricks.