Facebook is becoming more and more a force when it comes to online videos, so it's important that you optimize your videos for the platform in order to get the most out of them.
Here are 7 tips from Facebook video product manager Anaid Gomez-Ortigoza for get the most out of your post.
1. Schedule your videos so the most fans see it and the content stays fresh.
2. Set expiration dates to help with any licensing restrictions.
3. Add captions to tell your story without sound, since many viewers watch the video with the audio turned off.
4. Edit and manage your videos with Facebook's video library tools.
5. Take advantage of Facebook's embedded video player to be able to embed them on other platforms.
6. Utilize secret videos that must be accessed through a dedicated URL so they're only available to fans.
7. Track your metrics, especially your top videos, engagement and retention graphs.
Facebook videos allow you to reach more of your audience without have to pay for the privilege, so they're a powerful way in extending your brand and growing your audience.