Help Support This Blog
Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this blog at no cost to you (just click here)
Friday, October 2, 2015
7 Mistakes Songwriters Make When Registering With A PRO
The problem with a mistake or omission during this process is that someone will end up not getting paid when royalty time comes around, so it really does pay to be as meticulous as possible. Here are the 7 common mistakes as outlined by Songtrust.
1. All performers of the song are not listed.
2. All the writers and publishers and their correct shares are not listed.
3. Any alternate titles (like those used for some music libraries) are not listed.
4. The writer/publisher account doesn't have the correct contact information.
5. All samples aren't licensed or cleared.
6. Songs have names that are not clear or too difficult to remember.
7. Songs that are performed live aren't listed with the proper PRO.
Filing the correct paperwork is a vital part of modern songwriting so you can get paid, so take it seriously and get it right. Make sure that you don't make one of these mistakes so that royalty check shows up when you expect it.