- Americans really do like music, as 93% listens to it, spending more than 25 hours a week doing so.
- 75% of Americans would rather listen to music than watch television.
- In the car - 23%
- While working - 16%
- While doing chores at home - 15%
- While doing other activities - 13%
- While exercising - 12%
- Radio is the top music delivery system, with 59% consuming their music that way.
- 48% consume most of their music from their own libraries
- 41% from on-demand streaming services like Spotify and YouTube
- 36% from radio-like streaming like Pandora or iTunes Radio
- A surprising and important stat is that 18% have purchased a song while streaming it.
Americans appetite for music is not diminishing as many fear, but although streaming and smartphones are coming on strong, it's still good old fashioned radio that we still love the most.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.