- Posts between 8PM and 7AM get 14% higher interaction because they present fans with content when they're the least busy.
- Posts published on the weekend get a 14% higher interaction rate than during the week.
- Post only once or twice a day. Brands that post more see 19% less interaction.
- Keep it short. Posts of 80 characters or fewer receive 23% more interaction.
- Use photos. Posts with photo attachments receive 39% more interaction than posts without.
- Be careful with video attachments. Video attachments receive fewer likes, views and shares than average.
- Call to actions work. When fans are asked to like a post, they do so at 3 times the rate than when they're not asked. The also comment at a rate more than 3 times times the norm. When asked to share a post, they're 7 times more likely to do so.
- Long URLs work better. Always include a URL including a link to your product, but use a long URL since it receives a 16% higher interaction rate.
- Use questions to drive comments, but be sure to place the questions at the end of the post. Posts with questions have 92% more comments.
- Experiment with emoticons. In some cases, emoticons can provide as much as 52% higher interaction, while in other cases, the interaction can be lower than average. :D and :P have the highest interaction rates.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.