1. Taylor Swift - $57 million. Her concerts now bring in about a million a night.
2. Justin Bieber - $55 million. He's also a venture capitalist, with investments in Spotify, Stamped and Tinychat.
3. Rihanna - $53 million. She gets big money from endorsements and sponsorships.
4. Lady Gaga - $52 million. But down from $90 mil last year.
5. Katy Perry - $45 million. Still hot even though her film bombed.
6. Adele - $35 million. 21 is still on the charts and going strong.
7. Kristen Stewart - $34.5 million. Film stars still do make money.
8. Lil Wayne - $27 million. The bulk of his income comes from live shows, earning about $600k per.
9. Taylor Lautner - $26.5 million. Twilight was bigger than we thought.
10. Robert Pattinson - $26.5 million. Again, Twilight was far bigger than we thought.
It should be no surprise that the audience for most of those on the list was teen and pre-teenage girls. What is a surprise is how much spendable cash they have.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.