- Most people read most of their emails from 5AM to 7AM, and read the least from 1PM to 4PM.
- However, most people think that people read their email at 8 to 9AM.
- The best words to use in the title to get a response are "Apply, Opportunity, Demo, Connect, Payments, Conference, Cancellation."
- The worst words to use in the title are "Confirm, Join, Assistance, Speaker, Press, Social, Invite."
But there's more. The average person gets a lot of email.
- The average email user receives 147 messages every day and spends more than 2 1/2 hours on email every day.
- On average, we delete 71 of those, which takes just under 5 minutes.
- On average, we get 12 messages a day that require substantial work, and they take almost 90 minutes to complete.
- The average person writes 40 email messages a day and each one takes an average of 72 seconds to write.
- Deciding to defer an email for later takes about 10 seconds.
- 77% of people expect a response to their email within 2 days.
Help support this blog. Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this website with no cost to you.You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.