Thursday, November 24, 2011

4 Astounding Mobile Stats

iPhone in hand image from Bobby Owsinski's Music 3.0 blog
Cells phones are now a way of life nearly everywhere on the planet, and mobile communications has totally changed the world as we know it. As smartphones become more and more of a factor in our media consumption, here are some astounding facts about mobile from MobileRoadie CEO Michael Schneider
  • On average, we check our phones 150 times a day.
  • Four people are born a second; 39 mobile phones are sold a second.
  • There are presently 5.5 billion-plus mobile users -- smartphones users comprise 21% of them.
  • iPhone users spend 90-plus minutes per day on apps.
 I must be the exception to the above, as I'm pretty sure I don't check my iPhone more than 100 times a day. I know for a fact that I don't spend much more than an hour on phone apps either (a big tongue in cheek here). All that said, it seems like these numbers will only increase in the future, which is why it's a good idea to never forget mobile when designing your online strategy.
-----------------------------------
You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.

Check out my Big Picture blog for discussion on common music, engineering and production tips and tricks.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...