Here are some very interesting texting stats:
- 83% of American adults own cell phones and three-quarters of them (73%) send and receive text messages.
- 31% said they preferred texts to talking on the phone, while 53% said they preferred a voice call to a text message. Another 14% said the contact method they prefer depends on the situation.
- 55% of those who exchange more than 50 messages a day say they would rather get a text than a voice call.
- Cell owners between the ages of 18 and 24 exchange an average of 109.5 messages on a normal day—that works out to more than 3,200 texts per month!
- The typical or median cell owner in this age group sends or receives 50 messages per day (or 1500 messages per month).
- Text messaging users send or receive an average of 41.5 messages on a typical day, with the median user sending or receiving 10 texts daily – both figures are largely unchanged from what we reported in 2010.
- Cell owners make or receive an average of 12 calls on their cells per day, which is unchanged from 2010.
----------------------------------You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for daily discussion of music, recording, and production tips and tricks.