1. Post Compelling Videos on a Regular Basis. Give folks something worth looking at and a reason to return.
2. Optimize Titles and Descriptions for Findability. Important for searchers on both YouTube and search engines.
3. Create Custom Thumbnails for Your Videos. This is your first look but try to entice without misleading.
4. Use All Analytics/Metrics, Not Just Views. It doesn't matter how many views you have if they're only a few seconds long.
5. Interact With & Include Your Fans. Engage your fans in the comments and create ways to include them in your videos.
6. Collaborate With Other Artists. Working with others can extend your fanbase while leading to new ideas.
7. Create Playlists for Different Sets of Videos. Some folks will want to see behind-the-scenes, others just want finished product.
8. Brand and Optimize Your YouTube Channel. It's not just about individual songs or videos but about creating a following for your channel.
YouTube Music Marketing with David Choi
8 Ways to Maximize Your YouTube Marketing Results
YouTube Creator Playbook
----------------------------------You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.
Check out my Big Picture blog for daily discussion of music, recording, and production tips and tricks.